New Avenues in Honey Bee
- September 12, 2020
- Hood River OR
- Samuel Ramsey PhD
- Michelle Flenniken PhD
- Vanessa Corby-Harris PhD
- BG Bees LLC is proud to bring together three world-renowned honey bee researchers to discuss three keys to honey bee stressors: pests, viruses, and nutrition. An understanding of these areas goes a long way to reducing colony losses. The days of focusing on honey extraction alone are in the past; in today’s honey bee environment, the apiarist must assimilate a variety of factors, and having a clear grasp of these three key stressors eases the beekeeper’s fears and decreases the colony’s losses.
- Highly encourage each to register early.
- Workers weigh over 121 mg.
- The brain of a worker bee is about a cubic millimeter but has the densest neuropile tissue of any animal.
- A bee gorged with 30 mg of honey can fly 34 miles.
- Bees fly 1.2 to 2.5 miles and a maximum of 6 miles away from the hive.
Are you considering venturing into beekeeping? Let’s us help combine your style and purpose with the necessary equipment. Often the new beekeepers loads up on ‘stuff’ only to find later they should have purchased different a incompatible style. Not only will we align your needs and aspirations but will be there to propel your apiary into success!
How Do We Differ?
We strive to provide more than a store front. Community education through our Honey Infused Lunches coupled with an Apiary Tour, Beekeeping Classes from beginner to advanced, personalized hive inspections, and much more.
It is impossible for a small store, such as